The Intel® Core i9 is among the most powerful Intel processors available today. Because of its increased multi-threading capacity and improved power efficiency, it is faster and wiser than existing CPUs. If you are looking for an all-in-one computer for building a superb gaming machine or dabbling in programs that require a lot of computing power, this is the CPU for your motherboard.
About i9 Series Processor
Intel Core i9 is the latest brand of microprocessor introduced to Intel’s I series processor family in May of 2017, belonging to the high-performance series of Skylake-X and Kaby Lake-X CPUs. These processors combine the capability of a whole CPU (Central Processing Unit) onto a single integrated circuit (IC) (Integrated Circuit). All Intel Core i9 processors support EIST (Enhanced Intel Speed-Step Technology), Smart Cache, and all other sophisticated technologies offered by Intel Corporation in their other CPU series.
What distinguishes the Intel Core i9 from other processors?
The primary function of a processor is to read and execute instructions known as threads. Intel Hyper-Threading technology is built into the i9 CPU. This allows each core to process two threads simultaneously, resulting in faster performance.
- Good For Gamers: Consider that the 9th Generation i9 has eight cores, with two threads assigned to each core; the i9 can process 16 threads simultaneously. That’s a lot of processing power, which is why the core is so good for gaming. It can manage a large number of threads for lightning-fast gameplay.
- AIntel Turbo Boost Technology: Another speed-related feature in the i9 is Intel Turbo Boost Technology. If the core is not overheating, it will raise the processor’s clock frequency by 200 MHz. You’ll enjoy a temporary performance boost, but don’t worry about the processor overheating because the turbo feature will be turned off once the core reaches a particular temperature.
- Unlocked CPU: Another fantastic aspect of the i9, particularly for techies, is that it has an unlocked CPU. This means that the processor can be overclocked, which means that it can process data at a higher rate than it was designed for. This not only makes your all-in-one computer more configurable, but it may also provide you with more processing capacity to tackle intensive tasks as if multi-core hyper-threading and turbo boosts weren’t enough. This is mega-tasking, not multitasking. Even faster is the integrated Intel Optane® memory.
- Intel Ultra High-Definition (UHD) Graphics: All of these speed boosts would be pointless if the Core i9 didn’t have a powerful graphics card. But don’t be concerned; it does. Intel Ultra High-Definition (UHD) Graphics are included with the Core i9. This graphics card can play 4K video and is strong enough to handle professional video and photo editing software.
The graphics card isn’t the most powerful Intel has built, but it can handle any video game with large open-world areas or rich and immersive virtual reality (VR) experiences, thanks to all of the incorporated speed enhancements in the Core i9.
The Intel Core i9 series processors that are currently available are as follows:
- Core i9 7900X – A 10-core processor with a base frequency of 3.3 GHz that can be raised to 4.5 GHz, as well as an L2 cache of 10 x 1024 KiB and an L3 cache of 13.75 MiB.
- Core i9 7920X – A 10-core processor with a base frequency of 2.9 GHz that can be raised to 4.4 GHz, as well as an L2 cache of 12 x 1024 KiB and an L3 cache of 16.50 MiB.
- Core i9 7940X – A 10-core processor with a base frequency of 3.1 GHz that can be raised to 4.4 GHz, as well as an L2 cache of 14 x 1024 KiB and an L3 cache of 19.25 MiB.
- Core i9 7960X – A 10-core processor with a base frequency of 2.8 GHz that can be raised to 4.4 GHz, as well as an L2 cache of 16 x 1024 KiB and an L3 cache of 22.00 MiB.
- Core i9 7980X – A 10-core processor with a base frequency of 2.6 GHz that can be raised to 4.4 GHz, as well as an L2 cache of 18 x 1024 KiB and an L3 cache of 24.75 MiB.
The advent of the Intel Core i9 series of processors has greatly helped developers, as the processors’ speed is far superior than the previous series of processors, and these processors are fully capable of carrying out multi-tasking processing at a much faster rate and without lagging. The development speed has reached unprecedented heights, with more improved visuals and other features.